Saturday, October 21, 2006

The Salvation Army Story

On occasion I meet people that belong to the Salvation Army. I don't really think of the group as a 'denomination' although I guess it is. The good works they do is a result of their relationship with God and not a means towards acquiring salvation as some might think.

Their group has the best record for having donations go towards helping people as opposed to going to operations or advertising. I know that when I drag a bundle of stuff to them, donate cash to or shop at one of their thrift stores the proceeds will have the most impact for what they direct it towards. I trust them more than I do some other charity groups.

~~~~~

John at Scotwise has a posting on the founders of the Salvation Army. Quite a good read. Inspiring and informative. Take a couple minutes and check it out. - Oh! Leave John a comment to let him know you've visited.


~~~~~

Technorati Tags -
-
-
-