Sunday, October 15, 2006

Who Has the Book of Life In Their Hands?

I recently had some email communications from a man in the U.K. We went back and forth for quite a few times before he blocked my emails to him. I could go through a different email account to get in the 'last shot' but it would not settle in my stomach very well. I've decided to let God handle him. But I also decided to post on the exchange. (Italics are from his answers to my emails)

~~~~~

It started out with this character following me to this website, my Blogspot home, from a comment I left on Scotwise. (A Christian pastor whom God led from Scotland to Australia - Wonderful, edifying and most often quite humorous postings on his blog. I recomend visiting him. - Since I've been reading Scotwise I've come to love John Telfer Brown like a brother. And rightly so since he is a true brother in the Lord.) -

He (the commenting character not Mr. Brown!) posted a comment that was not at all related to my posting and was really out of place.

I answered his comment and emailed him to let him know I had responded. From there the exchange took place off blog through emails.

Let me say at this point that I've no doubt that this gentleman is a Full Blood Christian and is subject to all the rights, privileges and ultimate destinations as a result of his (as is every Christian's separate) relationship with the Living God and God's Only Son Jesus Christ. That we will meet after this life is inevitable and I can't wait to see his expression at that point outside of space and time as we now know it. He doesn't seem to want my kind to be admitted...

It seemed right from the start of these communications that the saying, "Words mean things" had no real impact on this person's thinking. The fact that certain words might have more than one meaning never entered into his conversations. Right from the start the word "disciples" (and it's various forms) had only one meaning (the ones he chose) and no bending was allowed. As a result Mr. Brown and I were outside of God's chosen family and until we repented (another word with a single meaning) we were doomed to become God's footstool. (Hell, as taught by most denominations, is not the destination of those outside of the list he seemed to hold. The lost - as are Mr. Brown and I - are to be made "God's Footstool".)

Personally I wouldn't mind being that close to God on a continual basis. Footstool seems as good a job as any especially since I can't play a harp and am not musically inclined. I might make a good gatekeeper if St. Peter wants to take a break on occasion. - But I digress...

My personal idea of Hell (not the one in Michigan) is a place that is not so much hot and filled with demons with pitchforks but an area outside of space and time that is devoid of God and anything good that goes with Him. That includes His feet. Total disatisfaction with anything would be the ruling force. The seven deadly sins of pride,lust, anger, covetousness, gluttony, envy, and sloth would be ever growing and never satisfied, forever and ever, Amen. - Conversations with neighbors would always end up in arguements.

But I digress (again... - or is it still???).

In our email communications I read lines such as this: "If you believe what Mr Brown believes, you don't have a relationship with The Living God..."

and

"You don't have a living relationship with Jesus Christ, nor do most of mainstream 'Christianity' because they are all too busy 'earning' their salvation by works or sanctification by progress."

~~~~~

What the entire back and forth of messages had become by the time they were finished was an appeal on his part that I define all key words used in Christianity exactly as he desired and leave the dictionary or any thought I had on the definitions out of it. Otherwise God would not accept me. I would be outside the fold.

This is a form of legalism that went far beyond the Catholicism I was raised in prior to my born again experience. I say that because I know Catholics that love God and are born again. - That the word "Disciple" could mean more that one thing seemed to be beyond his reasoning. The term "Child of God" must never be used even as a term of endearment. 'Son' or 'daughter' is OK I guess but not 'child'. - Quote - "A son or daughter of God matures by growing in Grace and Faith. A child will always be a child - immature - no growth and no inheritance."... (convoluted thinking with a scriptural basis followed) - end quote -

Again

"You don't have a living relationship with Jesus Christ, nor do most of mainstream 'Christianity' because they are all too busy 'earning' their salvation by works or sanctification by progress."

- Neither the words "Salvation" or "Sanctification" can have a twofold meaning of a onetime experience and an ongoing process. If you believe in a twofold definition, your born again experience is for naught... In spite of Deuteronomy 31:6/Hebrews 13:5...

~~~~~~

prying1 sez: In February of 1971 I asked Jesus to come into my heart. That is what I said! "Jesus, Come into my heart!" I did not know any bonified, accredited, Ok'd by the Pope or Jesse Jackson prayer. It was what I knew I needed and it was all I said. Hell's bells. I didn't know to even ask for forgiveness or express a desire to repent. - I did repeat "Jesus, Come into my heart!" a few times but then,

"He Touched Me"!

Just like the song sez. I was never taught that song in my Catholic upbringing but I learned from experience what it meant before I even heard it.

- No one will ever take that experience from me and I, myself, would have to work real hard at lying to myself to think it was a hallucination, any kind of emotional workup, nonsense or a work of Satan. - HE TOUCHED ME!!!

Since that date I have met Mormons, Jehovahs Witnesses, Seventh Day Adventists, Armsrongians, Catholics, Baptists, First Church of Godians, First United Pentacostians, (Never met any "Last Church" peoples - those are the ones I'm really wondering about...) and assorted others that tell me my relationship with God doesn't count because I don't belong to their group or follow their catechism.

This joker was telling me (as have some others) "I have no organisation and no following, nor do I need the former, nor do I want the latter. All I am doing is giving a warning that belief in a non-gospel will lead to nowhere other than you and Mr Brown hearing these words: Matt 7:22-23 "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

!!!!!

I cannot speak for Mr. John Telfer Brown (once again, of Scotwise fame) because His relationship is with God before it is with me. I am not so presumptuous as to think I hold John's relationship with God to any single scripture that even ungodly people can quote. If I did it would be the "Well done my good and faithful servant" one. (Smiley face here)

Here is a tip to those who quote that "depart from me" scripture to me. On that day I will not be saying, "Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils?..."

I got it all planned. I'm gonna be pretending I don't see Jesus coming up on me and I'll sorta have my back turned to him a bit. Then at just the right time I'm gonna sniff the air a bit and say with a cowboy drawl, "I smell sheep!"

I know He will laugh even though He has heard it before. Heck. I know for a fact that Jesus reads my blog!

And still He will laugh!


~~~~~~~

Technorati Tags -
-
-
-
-