Thursday, November 03, 2005

How Stupid Are They?

Got a spoof PayPal email today. - 3Nov05 -


We are contacting you to remind you that: on 30 November 2005 our Account Review Team identified some unusual activity in your account, one or more attempts to log in to your PayPal account from a foreign IP address.



It then gives a chart showing times and dates some supposed hackers from Poland and Romania attempted to hack into my account. Had this been a real email from PayPal I would have thought, "Great! My password works! So why change it?"

Now even I know that many people will not read the entire text but when a spoof comes dated nearly a month ahead of time I think even the biggest blockhead will say, Hey! Wait a minute..."

Needless to say my reaction to this con was the same as always. Forward the email to spoof@paypal.com and scams@fraudwatchinternational.com - Go to PhishFighting.com and submit the phony website into the little box.

I have to wonder if there is anyone left in this world that does not know about spoofing and phishing scams. I guess there is because these con artists spend a lot of time and trouble to put these emails out. There must be a return or they would not waste their time.

prying1 sez: Be careful out there. Gobs of predators are on the Internet. Remind your friends, neighbors and acquaintances to watch their steps too.