Thursday, March 15, 2007

General Pace and Immorality

Gen. Peter Pace, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff voiced his personal opinion to a group of Chicago Tribune editors and reporters this week. As a result he came under fire from homosexual activist groups, many in the Democratic Party, many in the MSM, the former Secretary of the Navy and Virginia Republican Senator John Warner. Warner said to reporters, "I respectfully but strongly disagree with the chairman's view that homosexuality is immoral."


Transcript:

PACE: My upbringing is such that I believe that there are certain things, certain types of conduct that are immoral. I believe that military members who sleep with other military members’ wives are immoral in their conduct, and that we should not tolerate that. I believe that homosexual acts between individuals are immoral, and that we should not condone immoral acts.

So the Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell allows an individual to serve the country, not — [inaudible/interruption] that allows individuals to serve their country. If we know about immoral acts, regardless of committed by who or — then we have a responsibility. And I do not believe that the Armed Forces of the United States are well served by saying through our policies that it’s okay to be immoral in any way, in any way, not just with regards to homosexuality. This is from that standpoint saying that gays should serve openly in the military to me says that we, by policy, would be condoning what I believe is immoral activity. And therefore, as an individual, I would not want that to be my policy, just like I would not want it to be our policy that, if were to find out that so-and-so was sleeping with someone’s wife, that we would just look the other way, which we do not. We prosecute that kind of immoral behavior between members of the Armed Forces.

Audio here


Thanks to Think Progress for the Transcript and link to sound.



Where are the pro-adultery groups in this mix? The Homosexual groups are complaining about being mixed in with adulterers but I don't hear complaints that adulterers are being mixed in with the homosexuals.

Last Tuesday (13Mar07), an ABC reporter asked Clinton whether she thought homosexuality is immoral. She replied: "Well, I am going to leave that to others to conclude." - Since then (Thurs 15Mar07) Hillary Clinton told Bloomberg News, "Well, I've heard from a number of my friends, and I've certainly clarified with them any misunderstanding that anyone had, because I disagree with General Pace completely, I do not think homosexuality is immoral." -

Barack Hussein Obama released a statement on this same Thursday. "I do not agree with General Pace that homosexuality is immoral. Attempts to divide people like this have consumed too much of our politics over the past six years." - The day before Obama's statement was, "Traditionally, the Joint Chiefs of Staff chairman has restricted his public comments to military matters. That's probably a good tradition to follow." -

Republican presidential candidate Sam Brownback stated in a letter: "We should not expect someone as qualified, accomplished and articulate as General Pace to lack personal views on important moral issues. In fact, we should expect that anyone entrusted with such great responsibility will have strong moral views."

Asked whether he agreed with Pace's comments, Brownback said: "I do not believe being a homosexual is immoral, but I do believe homosexual acts are. I'm a Catholic and the church has clear teachings on this."

~~~~~~

prying1 sez: The issue really is, "Is there a God and did he set up rules for mankind to live by?" - I say yes. -

But what I say is unimportant compared to what each person's heart says. Inside all of us is a conscience that nudges us when we want to go the wrong direction. Then when someone comes along and says, "Hey! You're going the wrong way!" we get defensive. This happens whether the issue is homosexuality or eating to much chocolate cake.

It is an issue of sin.

For the uninitiated, sin is, simply put, disobedience to God. He set up the rules not General Pace or Hillary or Obama or Brownback or me. People can disagree with the rules, love the rules or hate the rules but we can't change the rules. - So it goes -

Those railing against General Pace simply prove that people do not like to be corrected. Consciences get pricked and in response people lash out. All of mankind needs to recognise that a conscience is a good thing and helps us see those things that we allow to stand between us and God.

Morality is not something that we can make our own definitions for. When we do try to conform morality to our desires we twist our consciences and that, my friends, is not a good way to live life.

~~~~~

~~~~~
Attribution to: CNS News.com and Time.com



~~~~~
~~~~~

~~~~~

Technorati Tags -
-
-
-
-
-