Friday, April 07, 2006

Cynthia McKinney Feels Free In Russia?

For those who don't pay any attention to news here is the layout.

- Cynthia McKinney tried to go around a security checkpoint with no ID badge or lapel pin., as members of Congress are entitled to do with the ID showing. An officer did not recognize her.

She was challenged but kept going. An officer tried to stop her and apparently tapped her or caught her arm. McKinney apparently struck the officer in front of witnesses. A Grand Jury has been convened to investigate and charges may be filed.

She claimed the cop was a racist and that is why he stopped her. - Not one of her co-congress peoples backed her up on the deal.
~~~~~~~

On Hugh Hewitt's Radio Show yesterday (6 APR 06) Governor Bill Owens of Colorado had this exchange with Hugh:


HH: - ... I've got a lot to cover with you, but first, I understand you and Cynthia McKinney are really quite close.

BO: (laughing) Yeah, right. You know, I was telling your producer that back in the 1980's, I used to take over state legislative groups to the Soviet Union. I was a tour guide, and we would go over there, and I'd show legislators what the Soviet Union was like. I'm anti-Soviet, anti-Communist. It was a great way to do it through the people to people program. Cynthia McKinney was in one of my groups, and within three days, she had told Pravda that she had never felt so free as she did in the Soviet Union. And then when many of us objected, and went to Pravda and asked for equal time, she accused us of being racist.

HH: Did that ever get written down somewhere?

BO: You know, it was in the Bukhara Pravda. There are five or six people here in Colorado, including one person in my cabinet, who was there, and would verify it. I actually called the Georgia Republican Party once about it when she was running her first time. She, in the Soviet Union. Told a Soviet newspaper that she had never felt so free as when she was in the Soviet Union. When we objected, we all became racists.


The entire conversation (with MP3 file) can be found at RadioBlogger.com (Thanks Duane!)

prying1 sez: This exchange came after the news of Cynthia McKinney's non-apology in which she stated"

Thank you, Mr. Speaker. I come before this body to personally express again my sincere regret about the encounter with the capitol hill police. I appreciate my colleagues who are standing with me, who love this institution, and who love this country. There should not have been any physical contact in this incident. I have always supported law enforcement and will be voting for H.R. 756, expressing my gratitude and appreciation to the professionalism and dedication of the men and women of the U.S. Capitol police. I am sorry that this misunderstanding happened at all and I regret its escalation and I apologize." (Thanks to Greg Strange at Blogger News Network for the text! The MSM I checked had only a couple lines!)
~~~~~
Great lines from the mini-speech:
sincere regret about the encounter
I appreciate my colleagues who are standing with me (Not one did!!!)
I regret its escalation
~~~~~

The line: "There should not have been any physical contact in this incident." Sort of leaves me wondering if she meant the officer touching her arm or her poking his snoot? I guess she would/could say one or the other or both depending on which group she is flapping her gums towards.

H.R. 756??? What is that??? Well I checked it out and apparently it is the bill excluding from income taxation all compensation received for active service as a member of the Armed Forces of the United States. Click here for more

- What does that have to do with a black woman screaming racist to cover something she did wrong? It has nothing to do with this incident which she labels a misunderstanding. - I for one certainly hope the good people of the wonderful state of Georgia remember this next time they are faced with electing this person.


Technorati Tags -
-
-
-