Tuesday, October 10, 2006

"One Night With the King" Looks Promising

One Night with the King - The Story of Esther -

I just found and watched the preview and it looks like one of the Hollywood spectacles that old timers like me are likely to enjoy.

It has swords in it so I'm sure Hugh Hewitt and Emmett of the Unblinking Eye will approve. Looks to have romance too but hopefully the sword scenes will make up for that.

- Rated PG with the notice, "Violence, Some Sensuality and Thematic Elements. -

When I read the words Thematic Elements on the ratings notice I had to ask, "What the heck does that mean?" - I could figger out the violence & sensuality on my own but this was new to me. It has probably only been around for 10 years or so. - Anyway! So I did a search engine run on it. - Here is what I found on the Motion Picture Association of America's web pages:


(from F.A.Q. page)

- Question: I have noticed "thematic elements" in the rating reasons - what does that mean?


Answer: Thematic elements are those elements of a film that do not necessarily fit into the traditional categories such as violence, sex, drug use and language, but may be of particular concern to parents. This rating reason raises a warning to parents to learn more about a film before they allow their children to view it. These thematic elements may include death, coming-of-age issues, verbal abuse, illness, abortion, and other serious subjects or mature discussions that some parents feel may not be appropriate for their young children.



Looks to me to be a rather vague term to use in rating pictures. I tried to see on their pages why "Thematic Elements" was used for this picture but could not find anything to even give a clue. - I thought, "Maybe they want to warn Muslum parents that it is a positive story about Jews." -

Then, in my search for more I hit a web page and remembered I had heard of "Thematic Elements" before. Nehring the Edge posted on the movie Facing the Giants with his article, "JESUS LOVES YOU BUT HOLLYWOOD THINKS YOU’RE A JERK" and the link he provided to the news article that used the term.


I did find a page of reviews from some real live people (not paid critics) that have seen the movie. - This site the reviews are on - IMDb "The Internet Movie Database" - is a good one for U.S. visitors to bookmark because it has movie theatres searchable by zip code. What's showing (with links on the titles), phone numbers and times. - Pretty handy -

Did I get sidetracked?

I guess so.

Here is the link to the trailer! Watching it sold me on seeing it on the big screen. Filmed in India so the palaces are real and not sets. Looks to be a real good film.

See you at the movies!


~~~~~

Technorati Tags -
-
-
-