Friday, October 13, 2006

Zango - 180Solutions - Scams, Problems and Headaches!

Since I posted on Zango on Sept 30, 06 I've been getting a lot of visitors typing in "Daniel and the Bus" with or without "Zango" tagged on. I can only surmise that people get to the point I wrote about in my posting (Zango wants to download an .EXE file) and they back off to check it out first. Good for them!

~~~~~~~~~~~
UPDATE! - Some people coming by only want to see the video, Daniel and the Bus, and could care less about Zango. They know it is bad stuff. - So! here is a link to go see the video free for nothing! Without mucking up your computer. -

Some of the other stuff on this webpage is tawdry at best. Surf there at your own risk. Especially since Zango owns the site!

- http://"target="_blank">http://www.tacobomb.com/html/Guy-Jumps-Under-Bus.html -

For those wishing to know more about Zango continue reading...
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I can only feel sorry for those who click to download and then install the program. It comes from a company that can only be described as disreputable at best.

Benjamin Edelman has a webpage entitled, The Effect of 180solutions on Affiliate Commissions and Merchants which says this:



Software from 180solutions (also known as MetricsDirect) redirects many affiliate commissions to 180. As a result, merchants pay commissions to 180 (and its advertiser partners) even when no commissions are payable under the terms and conditions of merchants' affiliate programs, and even when commissions are properly payable to other affiliates. 180 causes these commissions to be paid via at least 84 different affiliate accounts, using multiple intermediary domain names that redirect affiliate tracking HTTP traffic, making 180's activities particularly difficult to track and to prevent.



prying1 sez:
I'm not a brilliant person but that sounds disreputable to me. Some people think that 180solutions and Zango are trying to clean up their act but until they do and get a proven track record it is best to avoid them.

Quotes from Spywareinfo.com's Forums re: Zango


Zango.com is related to 180solutions, Inc. - a well known Adware supplier - we help plenty of people get 180solutions infections off their computers. Beware of installing anything from them - you may get more than you bargained for.

Like maybe the Zango Search Assistant? From Zango: "While the Software is installed on your computer, Zango may collect information about you and the websites you visit."




I had Zango on my PC, and at first thought it was a game site that my daughter had downloaded. For a couple days, I didn't bother looking into it, but then IE kept getting redirected to Zango.com at startup.

My firewall was screaming that a couple of .exe programs were attempting to send info out. I did not recognize the dns they were going to, so I ran SB S&D, Ad-Aware, and HiJack this and they discovered quite a few problems: Browser hijacker, adware, spyware, and the toolbar was loaded with ads which were always different.

I cleaned up all remnants of Zango, and the PC was fine again.

I would suggest re-thinking using Zango.



~~~~~

Technorati Tags -
-
-
-