Saturday, December 16, 2006

Laughing at the Bible

How often when you see someone reading the Bible do you see them break out in laughter. I mean, the Bible isn't funny is it? Big serious book right?

Well, the other night my wife had her Bible in hand and was reading the following passage:


When John heard in prison what Christ was doing, he sent his disciples to ask him, "Are you the one who was to come, or should we expect someone else?"

Jesus replied, "Go back and report to John what you hear and see: The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy are cured, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is preached to the poor. (Matt 11:2-5 NIV)



This little passage caused her to break out in a loud and long laughing spell. Not chuckling or tittering. The deep kind of laughter.

When she finally gained control I asked what was so funny so she read the passage to me and said how it reminded her of me. Then she starts laughing again.

HUH???

She said, "When I ask you a question you give me a long drawn out answer and all I want is a yes or a no. Jesus did the same thing you do and I could see John shaking his head and saying, "All I wanted was a yes or no answer"."
~~~~~
It must be a guy thing. At least she compared me to Jesus. That's a good thing right?
~~~~~

Technorati Tags -
-
-
-
-
-