Saturday, April 30, 2005

Whose Truth Works?

Many may come across my posting here and say, I don't care about that stuff. BORING! What does it matter? I want music/sports/romance/gaming/etc... blogs not this crap. To you I say, WAIT A SEC AND READ A BIT! - Check the link to Gone Away's post on absolute truth. It is a fun exercise of the mind. AND it is free!!!

A bit ago Gone Away ~ The journal of Clive Allen in America blogged on Poetry and I blogged the comments on his blog and he commented on my blog that he had hoped I would tackle the existence of God. My blog only quoted his statement and really went no further.

Alas and alack! Clive was forced to answer the existence of absolute truth using logic all on his own. I would have helped but I did not want to interfere with his train of thought. Actually had I got in front of his train of thought I would have been run over.

Clive Allen says:


There are only two ways to regard the matter of absolute truth: you either believe that there is such a thing or you don't (if you can think of a third position beyond mere indecision, please let me know - I'd be fascinated to hear of it). And, whether we are aware of it or not, our position on the matter depends on choices that we have made previously. Our personal philosophies are based upon our answer to the most basic question of all: Is there a God?



This is a question ALL must someday face and it just might be a good idea to look at it from a logical point of view. Just in case, you know...