Tuesday, January 11, 2005

For Seth

This poem was written by a wonderful lady whose faith is apparent in her emails. That doesn't mean we don't have to lift her and her family up in prayer. It would be a good thing if throughout your day and as it comes to your memory to say a quick, "Lord, protect them." for all the service men helping to bring freedom and democracy to this troubled world.

The Weavers like countless other families have a son in Iraq. After Rusty's recent departure Debbie wrote this poem.





LITLE MAN SETH

Now Big Guy you dry those tears

Take my hand and share your fears.

I’m going back--that makes you sad?

Well, come real close, listen to dad:

You know I’d rather stay home with you

But dad’s a soldier with things to do.

I’ll think of you and make some plans

While I work in desert sands;

When my duty is done at last

I’m coming home to you real fast.

So go to school, learn and play

And patiently await my homecoming day.

Love, Dad