Thursday, March 24, 2005

Unjust Trials!

There are people who believe that Congress recently was overstepping their bounds and Terri was, in absentia, forced to endure an illegal legal process.

There are people who believe that when Judge Whittemoore did not call for the feeding tube to be replaced in Terri as desired by Congress she was forced to endure the decision of an unjust judge.

History shows us that when Jesus went to trial He was forced to endure 6 illegal trials. The Jewish trial and the Roman trial of three phases each. The Jewish trial began when Jesus was taken to Annas. Annas sent Him to Caiaphas and the Sanhedrin in the middle of the night. The third phase took place before Caiaphas and the Sanhedrin just after dawn in an attempt to legitimize their evil. After the religious leaders were done with Christ, they sent Him to the Roman governor Pontius Pilate. After Pilate questioned Him, he sent Him to Herod Antipas, who ruled over Galilee. Herod sent Him back to Pilate, who in turn condemned Him to death. Those were the three phases of the Roman trial. Both the Jews and Romans violated rules of justice, truth, equity, and fairness, committing horrendous crimes against an innocent man.

This comparison is meant to show that Jesus endured much that we will never really understand. As did Terri Schiavo... Besides the trials Jesus had one of his followers, Judas, betray him with a kiss. Has anyone ever betrayed the trust you had placed in them? - He had one of his best friends, Peter, deny him three times. How many times have we had friends deny us in time of need? - The other 10 disciples ran and hid when they could have appeared in court and perhaps stopped the trials with their testimony. - Ever need friends to help and they are not there?

Through it all Jesus kept his eyes on the prize which was 'fulfilling His Fathers will'. This was accomplished on the cross when he said, "It is finished." and He gave up his spirit. A spear punctured his heart to prove he was dead. Where He spent the next three days is debated among theologians but this much we do know. He returned to His body! He rose from the dead and HE IS ALIVE TODAY! He conquered death!

How can I say this with such certainty? Because I have met him. It was a day when I was seeking the truth about his resurrection that I said to Him, "Jesus, I Need You now! Please come into my heart." AND HE DID! It was an experience no man can take from me and nothing on this planet can make me doubt. At that instant I felt cleansed of sin and was made new inside. A heart of stone was removed and I was given a heart of flesh. It was like I was set on a road going a different direction from the one I had been traveling and instead of heading into the darkness I was suddenly aiming towards the light.

I was Born Again.

Since that time - Feb 1970 - He has never left me. I have not been perfect and know I never will be. I also know that when I get caught up in sin (disobedience to God) He will forgive me and help me get my feet back on the path He has set before me. I do not claim to be God's spokesman on planet Earth and all knowing of God's will for all men. I will claim to know the truth on a personal level and declare to all that read this, You can too! Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

Want proof of this? Ask him! HE IS STILL ALIVE!

More on the trials of Jesus here