Thursday, July 06, 2006

Blog Roll Check!

I try to run through my blog roll every day. Don't always get to do it but mosts days I hit the majority of them. I have yet to delete any blogs from my blogroll but I did recently take down a long list of names that were from "Hugh Hewitt inspired blogs". The reason being that quite a few were dead links or had not been updated in over a year... I tried contacting the originator of the list but was met with zero help. So it goes. - This made my sidebar a bit emptier but now it is easier to check my blogroll. -

Thought I'd list a few of the stories/posts from my blogroll that I found interesting:

New Rosemead Times has this quick read on Jimmy Carter and the KGB - "Recent KGB documents show Jimmy Carter as a man obsessed with a hatred of Ronald Reagan. This hatred extended to asking the KGB for help."

You can visit Mark at 1or2thoughts and leave your ideas on the Supreme Court's recent decision re: Gitmo. My comment/answer did not quite satisfy him. What is the check against judicial imbalance? - "[N]o court, justice, or judge shall have jurisdiction to hear or consider an application for a writ of habeas corpus filed by or on behalf of an alien detained by the Department of Defense at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba."

Even if that were not clear enough, the Constitution confers the role of Commander in Chief for the President and requires the Senate's approval for treaty ratification both of which have been appropriated in this case. So Con Law professors, what is the check against judicial imbalance?


Ted Richardson has a piece entitled "If Someone Promises to Fix Your Credit - Proceed with Caution!" - Whether it be on a telephone pole, classified advertisement, or a spam e-mail, we all see "advertising lures" that promise to repair people's bad credit. Many of them are bogus - and the sad fact is - they target people, who are already "needy" and take more of their money. -


AubreyJ's reminder of the Possible Chemical Production Facility that hit the news then dropped from the radar. Is it part of the 500 WMD's report that was presented by Rick Santorum?

Senor Peer Pressure of Huffington Compost has a great posting, Praise Korea, Bash The U.S., about the HuffPo's coverage of the North Korean missle launches vs. the Shuttle launch. - It really shows the anger and hatred of the "progressive Liberals" for all things America and George Bush. (Caution: Some quotes from liberals are profane! As usual...)

The last I'm posting is from WebLoafer over at Sanities Bluff - "Let's Talk About Hate" - A picture post with commentary about where the hate really eminates from in this great and wonderful country. -


Sorry to those of you I missed - I have to get to work. - You all have great blogs going and I hope you continue on in this new means of getting your thoughts and opinions out there for the world to see. - Carry on!
~~~~~
Technorati Tags -
-
-
-