Thursday, March 31, 2005

Email Humor

Often time I get forwarded emails from someone I know and if I do not forward them in in a timely fashion, 2-3 days later I get the same email from someone else. I always wonder what route it take from my uncle in CA to an eBay friend in NJ. This one came from my uncle. I thought a bit of humor might be good right now... (Wonder how long for Nancy to send it to me if she does decide to forward it...)
~~~~~~~~~~
Subject: The wrong e-mail address


A couple from New York decided to go to Southern California to thaw out during one particularly icy winter. They planned to stay at the very same hotel where they spent their honeymoon 20 years earlier.

Because of hectic schedules, it was difficult to coordinate their travel schedules. So, the husband left NYC and flew to L.A. on Sunday, and his wife flew out the following day.

The husband checked into the hotel. There was a computer in his room, so he decided to send an e-mail to his wife. However, he inadvertently left out one letter as he was typing in her e-mail address, and, without realizing his error, sent the note.

Meanwhile, somewhere in Houston, a widow had just returned home from her husband's funeral. He was a minister of many years who passed away following a sudden heart attack. The widow decided to check her e-mail, expecting messages of condolence from relatives and friends. After reading the first message, she fainted. The widow's son rushed into the room, found his mother on the floor, and saw the computer screen which read:


To: My Loving Wife Subject: I've Arrived Date: June 20, 2005

I know you're surprised to hear from me. This is quite the place. They have computers here, hooked up to the internet, and you are allowed to send e-mails to your loved ones. I've just arrived and have been checked in. I see that everything has been prepared for your arrival tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing you then! Hope your journey is as uneventful as mine was.

P.S. Sure is hot down here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know this is not the best joke on the internet. but you must admit it is rather humorious.

When I received this email it had the little arrow thingies (You know. The elbows!) at the start of each line.
Great way to get rid of them for archiving your favorite jokes or cleaning them up for forwarding: http://www.papercut.biz/emailStripper.htm (Psst. John... It's FREE!)