Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The Essential President Bush

The Anchoress has a post that is must reading for both the left and the right.


A much-esteemed, long-neglected friend sent an email this morning, which was delightful to receive. At one point he mentioned this post from yesterday and wrote: I think (President Bush) has lost his bearings. But then, so did Moses from time to time, it's quite understandable.

That made me wonder a little - has President Bush lost his bearings, or have we? Is it President Bush who has broken faith with "his base" or have they?

When I read my friend's line, I thought of a line from Pride and Prejudice, in which Elizabeth Bennett says in new appreciation of Mr. Darcy, "In essentials, I believe, he is very much what he ever was."


From this the Anchoress goes on to take us down memory lane. It is only a few years out of our recent past and she shows how soon we forget.

Thanks Anchoress!

~~~~~
Hat Tip to Okie on the Lam
~~~~~

Technorati Tags -
-
-
-